In a two-part collection charting the Nineteen Seventies within the Arab world, we revisit a decade of nice change and long-term results within the Center East.
The primary episode follows the politics of the time: the 1973 Arab-Israeli battle; independence for former colonies; how oil reworked the Gulf economies; the toppling of governments by navy coups; and the rise and fall of hopes of Arab unity.
These tales of the shifting sands of the 70s are informed by many who had been there, protecting journalism, defence, politics, trade, activism and diplomacy. The second episode will hint cinema and drama on this transformative decade.
Join with Al Jazeera World:
‣ YouTube: https://aje.me/AJWplaylist
‣ Twitter: https://twitter.com/AlJazeeraWorld
‣ Fb: https://www.fb.com/AlJazeeraWorld
‣ Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/_aljazeeraworld/
‣ Web site: https://www.aljazeera.com/program/al-jazeera-world/